My Six Steps To A Perfect Sunday

Friday, February 12, 2016

Hi lovelies 

Do you like Sundays??

When I was younger, I used to hate Sundays. It was the day that everyone had to spend with their families, so I couldn’t hang with my friends, and Sunday was also last-minute homework day. Ten years later and Sunday is absolutely, hands down my very favorite day of the week. I think every day should be Sunday. In fact, I love Sunday so much, I have my Sunday routine down to a T. There are a few things that I NEVER do on Sundays: wear jeans or otherwise constrictive clothing, spend more time outdoors than strictly necessary unless it is warmer than 20°C, or see people I don't really want to see (I make it a point to meet my mother on Saturdays). And then there are a few things that I wouldn’t miss for the world on Sundays. So, should you ever run out of ideas or get bored, here’s my recipe for the perfect Sunday.


1. Exercise

I’m far from athletic. I hate team sports, because I’m awful at them and then I have to worry about dragging the whole team down with me and then I do even worse and it’s just painful. But running is great for me, because I don’t have to perform or reach a certain level, the worst that can happen is some passerby thinking “Why is that twenty-something-year-old woman running like an old lady?” And I’m okay with that. I like to start my Sunday bright and early with a run, either at the gym or outside if the weather allows. It makes me feel wonderfully refreshed and calm.

Also, sometimes the view looks like this in the morning and then running isn't so bad.

2. Take forever to get ready
Let’s be honest, when do you ever really have time to perfect a chocolate-colored smoky eye or winged eyeliner? Exactly. Never. But on Sundays you do! I like to spend a good half an hour in the bathroom contouring, coloring in, lining and blending. It’s my own personal form of art therapy.

3. Brunch
Breakfast foods are my favorite foods in the world. Unfortunately, in between drying my hair, finding socks that match and even just mustering the energy to roll out of bed in the morning, I rarely get to enjoy them during weekdays. Sometimes I have a croissant or some yoghurt with fruit. Most days, I skip breakfast. But Sundays are the days I get to have a pain au chocolat from the bakery around the corner, along with some fresh orange juice. They’re the days I actually have time to soft boil some eggs and make eggs and soldiers. Sometimes, on rare occasions, I even make pancakes. Or I just go out for brunch. Sunday brunch is glorious.

I found the cutest little place this Sunday, called "Little Britain", near Krieau in Vienna...
... and had the most amazing (English) breakfast!! Perfection 

4. Cuddle / Time with loved ones

Love is perhaps the most crucial ingredient to a perfect Sunday. I think we don’t tell the people we love that we love them anywhere near enough, nor do we show it enough. You don’t have to wake up next to your soulmate or anything (although that’s really nice too). Just spend time with a loved one and take them out for coffee, or catch up with someone you haven’t seen in a while, or grab your best friend, a blanket, some popcorn and a rom-com.  

5. Coffee / Doing absolutely nothing

There is nothing, nothing in this world more tranquil and serene than sitting in a coffee shop on a Sunday afternoon with a book or some writing, letting your thoughts wander and watching the world go by. Sundays are usually the only days on which I can even afford to waste time, so I find it soothing to do that a bit.

Staying home with fluffy blankets works, too. 

6. Personal maintenance

On Sundays, I make sure to do my nails and eyebrows, treat myself to a face mask, moisturize all over, and sometimes even give myself a DIY-pedicure. Because no one has time for that stuff during the week, and because my Sunday beauty routine means that when I oversleep by thirty minutes on a Tuesday, I still look half-decent rushing out with a bare face.

It also means that I get to do fun stuff with the face mask. Meow.

And there you have it!

Oh, and I also generally like to tidy up my flat a bit on Sunday evenings, so I can go to bed early with smooth skin and the faint smell of citrus detergent coming from the kitchen. Those moments before falling asleep on Sunday evening – that’s the only time where I feel like I have my life together, I am the queen of adulting, nothing can stop me now. Then I return to my default state of caffeine-fueled zombie on Monday at six thirty. (Except instead of brains, I eat chocolate.)

What’s your perfect Sunday??

Love,

Damita 

1 comment:

 
Copyright © Damita blogs | Theme by Neat Design Corner |