Hello World 2.0 | Confessions Of A Twenty-Something

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Hi lovelies  

At first, I thought this blog was going to be about positive psychology and self-development. I knew I wanted to write about something, I enjoy reading about those things, they appeal to a wide audience, and god knows I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to “be better”, whatever that means. But the more I researched these areas and trudged through the literature and tried to come up with topics, the more I thought, who am I kidding? I don’t have the first clue

I cannot with a clear conscience write about studies that suggest the best way to start your day is with a meditative yoga session and a tall glass of water. Not when I start it standing in front of the mirror with panda eyes, probably wearing two different socks, cursing whomever thought the winged eyeliner trend would be a good idea.

So instead, I’ve decided to write about the only thing I can reasonably claim to know anything about. I’m going to write about what it means to be a twenty-something in 2016. 



I’m going to write about trying to find my way in a world that moves so fast and offers such a limitless amount of possibilities, in a world that makes me so dizzy, sometimes all I can do is stagger through it and try not to fall over. 
I’m going to write about the little life hacks and routines that help me find my way and make all of it seem less overwhelming. 
I’m going to write about the things that make me happy, and sad, and the things that make me angry. I’m going to write about what it’s like to feel like an eleven-year old girl in the body of a twenty-something woman. 
I’m going to write about the questions I ask myself. Some are deep, like whether there is such a thing as actually growing up and in how far the education system is to blame for the disorientation of my generation. Some are a bit more superficial, like how come I know nothing about the geopolitics of South East Asia (maybe there is a secret Real Grown Ups meeting where they explain all of it) and will I ever put together the perfect travel make-up bag?

And sometimes I’m going to post selfies, because if people spent hours and days posing for self-portraits in the 15th century, I think I can be forgiven for my moments of vanity.  

Lots of love

Damita

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Damita blogs | Theme by Neat Design Corner |