How I Spend My Mornings

Sunday, October 18, 2015



Hi lovelies

I hope you all had the best weekend. Mine was great, but unfortunately it’s back to work and real life tomorrow. 

Which brings me to my question for tonight: How do you spend your mornings?

I like to do three things in the morning: 


1. Drink a glass of water in the summer or hot tea in the winter. Because hydration is important, and tea is yummy.

2. Show gratitude. Gratitude as a personality trait is known to be linked to lower levels of depression and higher levels of psychological well-being. And the wonderful thing is that gratitude can actively be practised. So, I sit on the couch with my cat and try to think of three things I am grateful for today, this week, last week, etc. It doesn’t matter whether all that comes to mind is the fact that I have food in the fridge or a roof over my head. That’s more than enough.

3. Set goals. I tend to have one big goal for the week and then smaller goals. But I find it important to remind myself of them, because focus is important. I write a list on Monday morning and then read it aloud every morning of the week. I find this helps, but I have yet to come across studies on this practice!

... and then obviously I jump in the shower, cut my knees shaving (why are they such a hard spot?!), change my outfit three times and slather on all the make-up products known to mankind. 

...and put on jewelery. This is definitely my new favorite necklace!

How about you?

Love xx

Damita


1 comment:

  1. Brian Tracy - No excuses

    It highlights the importance of having written objectives and provides meaningful statistics.

    Audiobook format is simply great. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © Damita blogs | Theme by Neat Design Corner |